Taste of Japan and Sake Live vol.26
Products used in "Taste of Japan and Sake vol.26"
Salmon Chan Chan Yaki
4 Salmon filets
¼ Chinese cabbage (or spring cabbage)
1 Medium onion
1 Medium carrot
200g Mushroom (shimeji/enoki/shiitake preferred)
½ Green pepper
1 teaspoon salt to season salmon
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Cut the vegetables into fine strips
- Chinese cabbage - Cut vertically in quarters, then cut one widthway into 3 chunks, then cut lengthways into 1cm strips.
- Onion - Slice thinly to about 5mm thickness.
- Mushroom – Slice thinly to 5mm thickness. For enoki and shimeji mushrooms, remove the stump and break them into smaller segments.
- Green Pepper - Slice into 1cm strips lengthways.
- Carrot – Cut into 5cm chunks, slice thinly lengthways first then cut into 5mm strips
- Slice each filet in half to make thinner filets. Sprinkle salt all over to season.
- Make miso sauce. Mix all ingredients for the miso sauce in a small bowl.
- Lay all vegetables at the bottom of Japanese clay pot ‘Donabe’ (or any oven proof large saucepan or casserole pan with lid) in layers in any order. Spread salmon filets in a single layer on top to cover the vegetables.
- Pour the miso sauce over evenly.
- Add the butter in the centre on top.
- Place the lid firmly and cook for 60 minutes in the oven.