Taste of Japan and Sake Live vol.35
Products used in "Taste of Japan and Sake vol.35"
Temaki sushi is hand rolled, a very popular party sushi in Japan. Cut toppings into strips, serve on a large plate for a table for everyone to stretch their arms and pick, they will make their own temaki sushi and eat as they go along. It is a bit like sandwich, you can mix any toppings to create your own delicious sushi.
|680g||Sushi rice, cooked and seasoned*|
|100g||Sushi grade salmon|
|60g||Small tinned tuna|
|8||Cooked king prawns|
White crab meat
|10||Nori seaweed, each cut in half to make 20 half nori seaweed|
|¼ tsp||Shichimi red chilli pepper|
Add handful of salad cress, green salad, and coriander to a plate of topping
- *Sushi Rice - Cook 300g sushi rice according to the recipe on this video https://youtu.be/zpH7W1tDevQ In a large bowl, season sushi rice with 80ml sushi seasoning. It makes about 680g of seasoned sushi rice.
- Cut each nori seaweed in half
- Spicy Tuna Mayo – Mix tuna chunks, kewpie mayonnaise and shichimi red chili pepper
- Salmon/Cucumber/Avocado – Cut into 7-8cm strips
How to lay the table
- Place a large plate of toppings in the centre, along with a stack of nori seaweeds. Take care not to wet the nori seaweed as it can get soggy easily.
- Prepare (1) bowl of sushi rice with a small spoon (2) small dish with soy sauce (3) starter plate with wasabi on the side for each person.
How to roll temaki sushi
- Place 25-30g sushi rice diagonally across on the left half of the nori seaweed, add your choice of fillings and wasabi on top. If you are left handed, reverse the side.
- Fold the bottom left corner of the nori seaweed over and begin rolling into a cone shape. Dip the end to soy sauce and eat straightaway. Repeat the process to make more sushi rolls.